NCDU FINS N FEATHERS FISHING TOURNAMENT
ATLANTIC BEACH, NC
JULY 27-28, 2018
Welcome to the NCDU FINS N FEATHERS FISHING TOURNAMENT!!
Time to see who the best “Water Swatters” are! Our Tournament is geared towards the favorite inshore and nearshore species and anyone is eligible to enter, whether you are fishing off a boat, the beach or the pier. This Tournament is for everyone to have FUN and Enjoy God’s Creation!
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- ELIGIBLE SPECIES: TROUT – FLOUNDER – RED DRUM – SPANISH MACKEREL
- TOURNAMENT ENTRY: You may register at any time up to 9:00 am on Saturday July 28. Entry fee is $20.00 Per Angler. Greenwing entry (Under age 16) is FREE. Only active DU members are eligible to enter. Entry Forms will be available on line and at the NCDU Convention Headquarters.
- TOURNAMENT HOURS: Lines In (on the HONOR system) at 6:30 am both days. You may be on the water at any time, but you cannot begin ﬁshing for eligible tournament ﬁsh until 6:30 AM. Lines Out at 1:00 pm Each Day. You may fish either or both days, just don’t get to sunburned on the first day.
- WEIGH IN: Weigh in will be held from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm each day. Weigh in will be held at Triple S Marina Village, 1511 East Fort Macon Road. You may arrive by boat or car at the weigh in. The weigh master reserves the right to refuse any suspicious or mutilated fish. Fish that you purchased at the Fish Market will not be counted.
GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES:
- All Anglers must follow all state and federal recreational fishing rules regarding licensing, weight, size, and bag limits.
- All fish are to be caught using rod and reel. The use of cast nets for bait and landing nets for capture are permitted. There are no restrictions on type of bait used, live, dead or artificial.
- All billfish are to be released alive – that’s another tournament…
- Fishing boundaries are within 20 miles of Beaufort Inlet. There are no check ins or check outs.
- There are no limits on the number of anglers per boat or the number of lines being fished (other than lack of common sense), but each ANGLER must be registered in order to compete in the Tournament.
- All fish weighed will remain the property of the Angler. That means YOU have to clean ‘em!
Prizes will be awarded for the heaviest fish in each category. In the event of a tie, the first angler/fish that checked in will win. Greenwing Angler Prize will be single largest fish on any eligible species. Greenwing Anglers are eligible to win the individual species category (only one) as well as the individual Greenwing Angler prize.
- Largest Flounder
- Largest Trout
- Largest Red Drum
- Largest Spanish Mackerel
- Greenwing Angler – Largest fish
Entry in the Tournament grants consent to allow any photographs in which you appear to be used for any purpose, including public ridicule, advertising, promotion, internet and display at the banquet! Each Angler entering the Tournament accepts full responsibility and liability for their actions as well as their relative lack of fishing skills.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: